Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bullied

I heard them laughing,
Calling you names
I wasn’t sure what to do
Surely, I would get the same
(So I walked away…)
The next day I saw them
They pushed you into the wall
Everyone walked right on by
No one said anything at all
(I didn’t either…)
I saw them again
This time, they kicked you as you cried
I wanted so much to help you
But my instinct was to run and hide
(So that’s what I did…)
You weren’t at school today
And I quietly wondered why
I felt so ashamed
For idly standing by
(I was wrong…)
I stopped by your house
To see if you were alright
Your mom looked like she had been crying
Told me she had been up all night
(My stomach was in knots…)
You took your life that night
You felt you had reached the end
Maybe I could’ve helped
If only I’d been a friend
(I guess I’ll never know…)
If I’ve learned anything
It’s “never walk away”
If only I had said something
You might still be here today

No comments:

Post a Comment