Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Life as a Christian

I am a Christian.
I am NOT perfect.
My life is NOT perfect.
 I try hard not to judge other people…
But sometimes I do. After all, I am only human.
(Just like you).
 I pray. I pray for peace, I pray for love, I pray for the safety of those I love. I pray for those I know and those I don’t know. I pray for the hurt, the sick, the lonely and the dying. I pray for healing too. My faith is continually put to the test.
My survival methods are trust and prayer.
 I don’t condemn others for their religious beliefs, sexuality, life choices or mistakes.
I don’t harbor a sanctimonious attitude.
I don’t feel it is my place in this world to belittle anyone else for their choices. Everyone has their own path and just because yours doesn’t align with mine, it doesn’t mean that I am better than you.
I will encourage, support and pray for you if you are hurt, sick, lost or simply need some type of help.
My role model is Jesus. He embraced the people who were shunned from society. His chief principle in life was love. There isn’t anyone else I’d rather be like than Him.
There are some Christians who don’t practice what they preach. I try my hardest each and every day to be the model of a caring, loving individual and Christian.
Not all of us are hypocrites.
As long as I’m allowed, I will share my life, my love, my gifts and my faith with you. I will never shove any of this in your face or pressure you to accept any of it. That is not my purpose in this life. My purpose is to live, love and believe. I hope I spend my remaining days on Earth doing just that (and so much more).
Again, I am NOT perfect. The only thing in my life that is perfect is the love I receive from my Creator. That was, is and always will be…perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment