Thursday, June 18, 2015

Beautifully Broken

I am broken…
My past experiences have changed me.
Much of my innocence and parts of who I am have been stripped away.
This is often reflected in my mistakes and misjudgments.
I’m not proud of this, but let it be known…I am a sinner!
I don’t always make the choices I know that I should.
Today is the day that I come out from behind the shadows of excuses, ignorance and pure arrogance.
I accept responsibility and own my misdeeds.
I am broken…beautifully broken.
Sometimes it takes being cut down to size to regrow into the person whose reflection you actually recognize.
Perfection will never be achieved, but this recognition is even better; the realization that brokenness is not only okay, but it’s also beautiful because it’s real.
Realizing that admitting your faults is not weakness, but a strength that many of us won’t ever find.
Rise above your inadequacies and mistakes.
Own them, grow towards the light and above all, love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment